U5 (2013)/6 (2012) Age Group
Updated Wednesday March 28, 2018 by Maggie Slater.
U5 (2013) U6 (2012)
Gender specific - 4 v 4 on a micro-field with coaches on the field.
- Micro soccer with 3 v. 3 with maximum 6 on a team
- U5 play on Channapati Fields as marked. U6 play on Founder’s Field on half fields as marked.
- U5: Game day – 20 minute skills session, followed by (2) 20 minute halves
- U6: (2) 20 minute halves
- Coach teaches skill
- Coach on the field during the game, no referees
- No goalkeeper
- Practice is optional, encourage Tuesday night skill’s session
Age group goal – Enjoy the game and have fun
- Dribbling and running with the ball (both feet)
- Kicking with the left and right foot
- Stopping the ball with the foot, thigh, and chest
- Follow directions
- Introduce catching and throwing
Coach’s role: Chief learner and producer of fun